Thursday, October 18, 2007

As promised....



Okay, here it goes...the big update!! Senior year has been crazy so far, so I apologize for my lack of updates. Things are starting to settle down now, though, so hopefully I will be able to start posting again on a regular basis!

Overall, Tyanna has been doing wonderfully! She was weighed on 10/2, and was 38.2lbs! Yes, small for a 5.5 month LGX! By now I'm guessing that she weighs about 43lbs. She is now eating 3 cups a day!

On 10/3, my friend's mom brought her new cockerpoo puppy over, named Tinkah. After practicing some sit stays and self control around the crazy puppy, I released Tyanna to play with very close supervision, as the puppy only weighed 7 lbs! Most of the play time consisted of me holding Tyanna, and Tinkah swatting at her nose.

Ty went with me to dinner again on 10/5, and did very very well! She has really good manners when she is out in public, so far at least! The next day she went with a friend and I to the Verizon store. She was SO good! She stayed in a perfect down-stay when asked, even when a man came up to her patting his legs and calling her over to him. I was so proud!!



On Columbus day I went to visit a college, so Ty stayed with another CCI volunteer. The volunteer said she did excellent, and played very well with her other dog, which was very good news!

On 10/12 she went with me to the bank. Again, she did fantabulous! They didn't even realize there was a dog in the building! That is always music to a puppy raiser's ears!!

This Saturday there is a workshop for all puppy raisers and graduates in our area...and I'm really excited to meet some new puppy raisers and graduates as well has having Tyanna evaluated by the CCI trainers!!! This should be really fun, and I'm totally excited! Later on Saturday I'm going to the Fall Out Boy concert, so she will be home with my parents. Then on Sunday, Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy is doing a signing at a local guitar shop, and I may bring Tyanna along, depending on how I'm feeling about the whole thing. What a good picture that would be for her baby book....

O yea, and remember that bed that I got?? SHE LOVES IT! Actually, SHE ADORES IT! It was definetly a good choice, and she was definitely ready for a new, bigger bed!! In some other news, I had bought a Nylabone bone for her, which she literally destroyed over 1 weekend of chewing (now granted, I probably did not buy a strong enough one for her). Anyways, I sent the half eaten bone to the Nylabone headquarters, and they sent me THREE free products! A Dino Dental Chew, A Wolf Size Durable Bone, and a Barb-b-que Steak Shaped Chew (all non-edible). And she loves all three of them!! So I am very happy, and impressed with Nylabone customer service! If you have had a problem like this, send the product back to Nylabone (the address is on their website), tell them the age of your dog, its weight, and breed, and they will send replacements!! Yay! Gotta love free stuff!!!!

We also made a trip to Michigan this past weekend to visit family. We stayed at my Aunt/Uncle's house with Ty, and she was the perfect house guest!! She was also great in the car, and was so easy to travel with.

Anyways, I will update after the convention and tell you all how it went!!!

PS - the pictures were taken with my phone, so excuse the quality!

1 comment:

Jake and Joanna said...

Woo, update!!!! Sounds like the two of you have been busy!!! She's such a cute girl! And no worries, the cell phone pictures came out just fine. :) Kiss your little girl for me!