Sunday, March 2, 2008

LOTS of progress

Sorry, no pictures...

After a long conversation with my PPM, she decided that I should try a prong collar with Ty. At first I was very hesitant because Tyanna is so soft, but I decided to at least try one with her at the pet store and see how she reacts. It turns out she's not as soft as a I thought she was! I don't like using the prong, but it has really worked. Tyanna is a brand new dog. The goal is to teach her what behaviors we want with the prong, then wean her off it. Her distractibility wasnt horrible before, but it was something that needed to be fixed. Needless to say, this isn't "the easy way out"...I will still be working with her and continuing our PetsMart sessions weekly. But, so far it has proven to be a good tool.

This weekend has been a busy one for Ty. Yesterday and today she ran a bunch of errands, including some firsts. Yesterday was her first time in a grocery store and today was her first time at The Container Store. She did wonderfully in both! Hopefully I will get some new pictures of her soon to post!!

2 comments:

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Glad Tyanna is doing well! Good luck working on her distractions!

Emily said...

Glad she is going well! Continued good luck to both of you!