Friday, February 8, 2008

She's home!

Disclaimer: Do not look at the pictures if you don't like to see the "med" stuff.

Yes, my baby is finally home...and looking the best that she has in the past 7 days!! She's happily sleeping next to my feet, and couldn't be happier to be back in familiar surroundings. I still can't believe the difference 24 hours can make in her recovery...besides some funny walking and silly shavings, you would never know what she just went through! She greeted me at the door today with a wagging tail (we have a glass screen door and she can see when cars pull up), and has even been going up and down stairs! Perhaps the ONLY good part of this whole ordeal is that Tyanna lost the extra pounds that we were working off, and is back to ideal weight.

I have plans to go out to dinner tonight and out on Sunday, but other than that, I will be home helping her recover. Next Thursday she will be going to another CCI PRs house while I am in Saint Louis for a college interview. She will be the only dog in the house, and the lady she is staying with is a nurse, and has plenty experience with this stuff, so I feel completely confident with Tyanna being with her for a few days. She will even be accompanying this lady to work on Friday, and working on some commands through out the weekend. This will also be a great experience for the adolescent Tyanna who has recently begun to get a little "loose" with other handlers other than myself.

Here are some pictures of her incision:

8 comments:

Madison said...

I am glad she is Okay!

Erin said...

whoa! They shaved her up pretty good! Rei's was just around the belly area so you couldn't see it unless she was jumping.....course she did that a lot...

Emily said...

Wow! That is a big mark. Glad she is ok, and I am very happy she is home. Hope she has a speedy recovery!

Natalie said...

YAY! Glad she's home and on the mend :)

Emily and the Labradors said...

Glad she is on the mend! Sounds like she is going great!

Wild Pilot & Tennessee Girl said...

Wow, what an impressive mark they left on her. ;) So glad she's doing better!
P.S. I don't mind at all if you link to my blog! :)
--Penelope & Briana

Jake and Joanna said...

Glad she's home!!!! Give her a kiss from Camry and me!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Yay glad she is ok, and safe at home!!